Friday, May 15, 2015

Randy by Nature

I love trees and gas guzzling muscle cars. That's why I drive the new Ford Hypocrite. It goes 0 to judgmental in 4.3 seconds.

 There has never been a comedy show based on eco topics. That’s why we continue to make episodes of Randy By Nature.  Because no one has ever done this, all the comedy is new frontier.




Explaining the idea of combining comedy and the environment got fatiguing. It was met with many blank stares. I decided it was time to stop telling and start showing. That’s how RBN started.

I’d like RBN to evolve into a 30 minute show that does for eco issues what the Daily Show does for politics. Ultimately branching out to use our fan base toward affecting change.

Creating jokes from planetary concerns gives us the ultimate license. The license to say and do anything necessary for laughs.  Including anti environmental comedy. We want to be equal opportunity.

I’ve hugged trees from the Arctic to the rainforests. My life has brought me to the Redwoods with tree sitters and I’ve given my two cents at wilderness hearings. I can’t repel off a bridge to hang a banner about clear cutting. Addressing envelopes at Green Peace has the same appeal. I could stand on the street corner with a different sign every week. But that’s not good for my back.



My best foot forward is Randy By Nature.


Nothing else makes any sense to me.  Watching documentaries about the planet tend to be disheartening. RBN is funny first, Earth second.

I’m hoping people will feel like activists just by watching.  I’m hoping you’ll learn new things without trying.  And in time I’m hoping our viewers become a power base for change.

 



I’d like viewers to send us videos about their local issues.  Eventually RBN will go all over the country and the world. There are endless stories, and just as much comedy.

The goal is to combine all the different ideas that work and put them into a 30 minute format per week. Maybe some brave network will take a chance. Maybe not. Either way I’m going to keep making them. Ready or not, here I come. 

 
 
by comedian @randykagan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment